Ross County Court of Common Pleas
Juvenile Division

2 N. Paint St, Suite A
Chillicothe, OH 45601

Phone: (740) 774-1177          Fax: (740) 774-3711

Hours of Operation
8:00 a.m – 4:00 p.m.
Closed on all legal holidays


  The Juvenile Division of the Court of Common Pleas has jurisdiction concerning juveniles, including: delinquency, unruly, school truancy, juvenile traffic offender, alternative school assignments, dependency, neglect, abuse and other juvenile matters. This division also has jurisdiction concerning adults: custody, paternity, child support, visitation and contributing to the delinquency and/or unruliness of a minor. The Juvenile Division also has jurisdiction concerning adults in regards to school truancy matters: failure to cause and compel the child under their charge to attend school regularly in accordance with the law, and aiding and abet to the unruliness of the minor by failing to cause the child under their charge to attend school in accordance with law.

Juvenile Probation Department
Title IV-E Department
Questions and Answers

To make a credit card payment, click here:


Informational Videos: O.P.E.N. COURT  from the Ohio State Bar Foundation “These videos are intended to address the emotional and practical issues often faced by young people with developmental disabilities who become involved in court.”

  Personal Identifier Information Sheet (Amended Sup.R. 45)   Amended Rules of Superintendence 44-47 (effective July 1, 2009)
  Request for Occupational Driving Privileges   Written Plea of Denial
  Compulsory School Attendance Standards for Ross County, Ohio   Motion, Entry and Certificate for Appointed Counsel Fees
  Companionship Schedule   Companionship Schedule - For Long Distance Travel (over 150 miles one way)
  Motion/Request for Appointed Counsel (Paternity/Custody/Child Support/Visitation Cases)   Motion/Request for Appointed Counsel (Delinquent/Unruly/Traffic/Abuse/Neglect/Dependent)
  Instructions for Financial Affidavit/Affidavit of Indigency   Financial Affidavit/Affidavit of Indigency modified 1/12
  Application to Seal Record   Application to Expunge Record (record must be sealed before it can be expunged)
  Grandparent Power of Attorney/Caretaker Authorization Affidavit Instructions   Grandparent Power of Attorney
  Caretaker Authorization Affidavit    
  How to Complete a Petition for a Juvenile Civil Protection Order or a Juvenile Domestic Violation Civil Protection Order   Petition for a Juvenile Civil Protection Order or Juvenile Domestic Violence Civil Protection Order
  Juvenile Civil Protection Order or Juvenile Domestic Violence Civil Protection Order ex parte   Juvenile Civil Protection Order Full Hearing
  Juvenile Domestic Violence Civil Protection Order and Consent Agreement Civil Protection Order   Warning Concerning the Attached Juvenile Civil Protection Order or Juvenile Domestic Violence Civil Protection Order
  Abortion Packet effective January 1, 2015 Protection Notice to NCIC
  Pro Se Instructions regarding Custody and Visitation Motion for Change of Parental Rights and Responsibilities (Custody) and Memorandum in Support
  Request for Service Affidavit of Income and Expenses
  Parenting Proceeding Affidavit Health Insurance Affidavit
  Shared Parenting Plan Parenting Plan
  Parenting Judgment Entry Complaint for Parentage, Allocation of Parental Rights and Responsibilities and Parenting Time
  Motion for Contempt and Affidavit Show Cause Order, Notice and Instructions to the Clerk
  Motion for Change of Parenting Time [Visitation] and Memorandum in Support Motion for Change of Child Support, Medical Support, Tax Exemption, or Other Child-Related Expenses and Memorandum in Support
  Explanation of Health Care Bills Waiver of Service of Summons

Contact Information for Parenting Classes (in compliance with County Rule 13)
Families in Transition 2017 Schedule
Ross County Child Support Enforcement Agency
Juvenile Traffic Laws (Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles Traffic Laws Page)

Questions and Answers

    Q. My child will not attend school. What am I supposed to do?  
    A. You can contact your local law enforcement agency for assistance or you can contact the Ross County Prosecuting Attorney's office for an appointment to file Unruly Child charges against your child for their failure to attend school. Note: Recent changes in the law call for stricter enforcement on parents of children who fail to attend school in compliance with the Compulsory School Attendance Laws.  
    Q. My case was disposed of. Can my record be sealed or expunged?  

Yes, for certain charges. There are specific charges that by Ohio Revised Code can not be sealed. First, let me explain the difference between sealing and expungement. "Sealing a record" means to remove a record from the file of similar records and to secure it in a separate file that contains only sealed records accessible only to the Juvenile Court. (If you have access to a sealed record, you are not to make mention of it. It is as if this case does not exist.) "Expunging a record" means to destroy, delete and erase a record, as appropriate for the record's physical or electronic form or characteristic. This means that the record is permanently irretrievable.

If there has been no activity in your case for at least six (6) months (this just changed from 2 years by SB337), you can apply to the Court to have your record sealed.You must make an application in each case, if you have more than one case filed in this Court. You may apply for early expungement once your case has been sealed.

    Q. My license was suspended can I have occupational driving privileges?  
    A. In some cases, you may be considered for occupational driving privileges. You must make written application to the Court stating specifically the name and address of your school and/or the name and address of your work. Note: State law prohibits the granting of occupational driving privileges in certain cases.  
    Q. I have a case before this Court and I want to be represented by a lawyer, but I don't feel I can afford one. Can an attorney be appointed to represent me?  
    A. You must come into the Court and present yourself to one of the clerks in the front office and file a motion for appointment of counsel. At that time, you are also required to complete a financial affidavit. No motion for appointment of counsel, will be considered until such time as the Court has a completed financial affidavit.  
Back to Top                        
Juvenile Division
IV-E Department
Juvenile Probation Department
Marriage License
Contact Us